Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Crochet Brooches: Paradise Birds


 
 
 
Hello dear people!
 
I am here today with what I like to call my procrastination time fillers. I do not really procrastinate because I am always onto something, working on bazillion projects at a time so my planned and even scheduled crochet and other projects get neglected.
 
But some other gorgeousness gets to see the light of day - like my paradise birds. I wanted to make something fun - something spring like and when I chose the colors for the birdies I decided I would bead them all. Must tell you the beading came at a right time - immensely mediating and relaxing, so this almost felt  as a recuperation project.
 
I made the green - yellowish bird first and I didn't have a particular scheme / graph for stitching the beads because I was working on a whim, so it turned out a bit impressionistic in appearance.
 
For the purplish one - I made the body fluffier. The heads of both are the same but the first has bigger beads on it, the second bigger body and that gives the illusion that the purple's head is smaller. Anyhow, before I lose my point here... I wanted the purple one to be more realistic so I changed the beading pattern for that one.
 
I love them both. They are going to be real head turners. I tried them both on a denim jacket and they looked perfect - too bad the lighting was off so I cannot show those yucky pictures here. But take my word for it :)
 
Until soon!




10 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

They are absolutely so incredibly gorgeous! I was drawing and painting birds yesterday with a friend but nothing this glamorous. Wow!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Tammy. It's sad when I look at them here becsuse the photos do not give them justice

Divya N said...

These birds are fabulous. Did you bead them completely or sew the beads on to a felt/crochet base? Either way they are so whimsical and quirky

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Already told you yesterday, that I love them. They are so very special, great eyecatcher on a plain garment. Gorgeous!

Kate said...

Maya, your paradise birds are truly beautiful!

Maya Kuzman said...

I first crocheted the base nd afterwards sewed the beads on it. Thank you on the sweet coment Divya!

Maya Kuzman said...

Kisses for you Marjan!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dear Kate!

Kim said...

You inspire me every day, Maya with your gorgeous pretties! Your bejewelled little birds are beautiful!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim! For your heartwarming and supportive comments! They mean a lot!